Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Thank you

on January 23, 2009

I would like to thank all of you for completing the “Quick Questionnaire” for me.

Beginning next week, I will be adding an on-line homework component to your child’s responsibilities. It is my plan, and I will try to stick to this when possible, to give 2 nights to complete “on-line” homework. This way you will have a little bit more time in order to allow your child access to the computer.

On-line homework will be either on my blog, on the math site, or on Study Island.

I agree with many of you who stated that your child is not permitted unsupervised on the internet. I can tell you that my blog is 100% secure. Nothing can be posted without my direct approval. Also, the district has made sure that both the math site and the  Study Island site are both secure. I will never assign anything that is not appropriate and safe for your child.

When reports are assigned and research is necessary, plenty of time is given so that internet searches can be done with a parent present.

Thank you so much for your support. I am always available if you have any questions or comments. :o)

3 Responses to “Thank you”

1. sara says:

Hi Mrs. Spata your welcome. I will try to go on the blog. one question are we the only class that has a blog? i love this blog it so much fun. My mom feels safe about this blog. Can you tell me when the dates for the math new york state test or you can’t tell us. I miss the monkey in school. how can you feed the monkey?Because becky on the comment list it said it is so much fun to feed the monkey. you rock Mrs. Spata=]=]=]=]=]=]=]
    sara :o)
    P.S Hope you like this comment=]=]=]=]

2. sspata says:

Hi Sara,
    There are a few other teachers that have blogs right now. More are setting them up every day. I do hope to put links to their blogs soon. I have to ask them first.
    The math state test is in March. I don’t know if I can tell you more. Let me find out.
    You can feed Montey by pointing to the more tab at the bottom right. A bannana will show up. If you click it and bring it to Montey he will eat it. It’s lots of fun!!!!

3. SARA says:

oh thanks Mrs. Spata=] i will try to do it when ever i’m on the blog.
    sara