Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Meet Montey!!

on November 21, 2008

Hi everyone!

I thought it would be great if we adopted a virtual pet for our class. Meet Montey the Monkey!!

You can click anywhere on his tree and he will jump to that spot. You can also pick him up and move him. Feel free to click the “more” tab and feed him banannas.

Have fun with him!! :o)

22 Responses to “Meet Montey!!”

1. nikki says:

montey is funny

2. sspata says:

I’m glad that you like him. Nikki, please use capitalization and punctuation in your comments. Thanks :o)

3. Zachary G. says:

I like Montey. It is fun feeding him bananas and watching him swing!

4. sspata says:

I agree Zachary!! You are the second person that he has met. I hope that the rest of the class likes him. We’ll put him up on the smartboard on Monday. :o)

5. Sarina says:

Dear Mrs.Spata
    I really like Montey. He is so cute. It is so fun giving him bannanas. I love this amazing blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Aiman says:

I also think Montey is fun i have been playing with him since one o’clock but not right now.
    I also think everyone else will think he is fun.
    Bye

7. Aiman says:

why did you name montey the monkey montey???

8. sspata says:

When I created him, I was able to pick out his fur color. After I was finished, I looked at him very carefully. The name Montey just popped into my head. Plus, I really like to use Alliteration in pet names. (Alliteration is when the first letter is the same in many words of a sentence. For example… Montey the monkey wishes that he could make money to buy more mushy banannas!)

9. sspata says:

I think that he is really enjoying all the attention he is getting today. :o)

10. Peter says:

Montey is the best class pet ever. (That’s because you don’t have to clean up after him.) I didn’t play with him yet but I’m going to right now.

11. becky says:

Dear Spata,
    I saw that you adopted a monkey! But i cannot find his tree. Can you tell me where it is?

from,
    becky

12. Zachary G. says:

I think Montey is a great name. I am having a great time with him right now. Could you create another friend for Montey like another monkey, an ape or a forest animal? I think it is a great idea!

13. sspata says:

Becky- You should see Montey’s tree right behind him. You can’t see the entier thing. You only see two branches. They are brown and he is handing from them. Do you see them on your computer?

14. sspata says:

Zach – One pet at a time. 🙂 Even if we adopted another one… they can’t play together. They would be in seperate boxes. Maybe we’ll get another one later on and we can vote on what to get. What do you think about that?

15. sspata says:

Peter-

I agree… One of the best things about Montey is that there is no clean up!!! He is also always in a good mood! 😉

16. Zachary G. says:

That sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to maybe have another pet later on in the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should vote on it too! Have a Fantastic THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Noah I said “HI!” I’ll see you on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. SARA says:

hi mrs.spata sarina is here ,darn she just left about the monkey its very cutie .whrere did you get at a pet store or noah’s monkey pet?!!!!!!! see you on monday bye
    sara

18. sspata says:

Sara-
    This is very hard to read. Please show everyone how smart you are and use complete sentences next time.

19. Zachary G. says:

Montey is the best class pet ever. You don’t need to ever clean up his habitat. I love playing with him.

20. becky says:

dear mrs spata,
    Ifinally found montey on my computer! He is sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave him a bananana and he ate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becky

21. nick your student says:

Who named him did you

22. sspata says:

Yep. His name just came to me when I saw him. If we get another one, I will let you all name it. :o)