Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Our first student forum…

on November 18, 2008

I would like each of my students to take a moment and think about our year together so far. It is now the end of November… time is going so quickly!!! Please write a comment telling us about your favorite part of fourth grade so far. Do not tell me that it is recess!! Really think about what makes fourth grade special and different from your past years at Tackan.

I can’t wait to read your responses.   :o)

39 Responses to “Our first student forum…”

1. Sarina says:

Dear Mrs.Spata
    My favorit part of fourth grade was probally when we had the Halloween party. I also liked when we had science day. My favorite part of science day was when we made the flower on the paper and when we had to make a REAL flower. I LOVE FOURTH GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Nikki says:

In fourth grade my favorite part of it is math. I like all the stratagies we are learning. Like the expanded form. I also like Sience Day with all of the interesting projects. Fourth grade is so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Emma says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,
    My expereince as a fourth grader as been exellent! The things that make fourth grade differnt from my other years at Tackan are I have the best teacher ever,It’s not to had but its not to easy.I have four favorite subjects its to harde to chose just one ! They are science.ELA,reading,and socal studies
    your friend,
    Emma

4. Jessica says:

My favorite part of fourth grade is all the stratigies
    we’re doing in math. Even though I can’t do some of them they’re still fun I also like readers workshop because I love to read. It’s also fun
    because all of the activeities we do. Fourth Grade
    Is So Much Fun

5. Anthony De says:

This year every subject is my favorite. School is fun because each and every day every one learns somthing new every day. My three favorites are science,writeing, and reading. They are my favorite because science you can learn abot the past and future. Then writeing because it is writeing down your memories in to a book. And last but not least reading because it is like when you read each word you get a pictur in your head. This is what make this the best year in 4th garade.

6. Zachary G says:

My favorite thing that happened this year is that you don’t make math boring. We do projects and I learn so much that I made enrichment. You teach me a lot of new things like the new short cut way for multiplication. I also love the multiplication marithon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jacqulyn a says:

hey Ms.Spata…

My fav. thing in 4th gr. so far is all of the fun stuff we’re doing these days. the 2 things i treasure most this year is (1) the friendship of the class.Also (2) how lucky this whole class is to have an awsome, sweet, and intelligent teacher this year.

8. sara says:

I like to read bacuse when you gave me the book mark and it said reading takes you pleases !!!!=] When I was in second grade i did not like math.But you made me like math. Mrs. Spata you rock!!!!!!!

9. PeterF says:

So far my favorite part of the year was science day. I liked it because of all the fun activites we did like disecting a flower, making an etible flower, making and lableing a paper flower, and planting our own flower to take home. Then the part that really made me love it was when the Dirt Miser came in and talked about science you can do at home. He was also very funny.

10. adonis says:

My school year is doing great! Even though I miss my old school. So far my favorite subject is readers workshop. Because I love reading. I cant wait until the secret services come and when Native American day. Since I never went to Tackan before I will just comparethings from my old school to the new things in Tackan. The new and special thing about fourth grade is we get to learn and do more things. Such as Science day because we did not get to do science day in my old school.

11. Christian D. says:

So far, my favorite thing was when my class and I walked in the Halloween day perade, because Kyle and I were both skelaton zombies. We walked around the little island outside three times. My parents wre there, and they toke many pictures each time we went around the island. That was my best Halloween ever!!!!!!!

12. James says:

Out of all the things of this year my favorite thing would be the halloween party because we had muise food and you bought Noah.That has to be my one favorite parts besids the spiter web part. this was an awesome party I thought Noah looked cool in the pumpkin suit. I loved the begles. best party ever!

13. AnjaliB says:

My favorite part of fourth grade is doing projects and activities with my classmates. I also love to read in my free time and study for tests with my friends.My favorite activitie was when i disected a flower on science day. I use to not like social studies. but when my class started learning about native americans, Mrs. Spata grabbed my attention and made me want to learn more about the native tribes. Fourth Grade is AWESOME!!!!!!!

14. olivia says:

Dear Mrs.Spata
    The best event that happened to me in fourth grade was the Halloween parade. The best part was when we got to see Noah on his first Halloween. He was so cute in his pumpkin Halloween costume and when he was talking. I thought the Halloween graph project that we did. And last I liked the bagel breakfast. The colorful bagels were awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Brittany a says:

Dear Mrs.Spata

My favorite part of fourth grade is all the projects that we do.I also think the math games are fun too. I think I don’t want to leave fourth grade.You are the best teacher that anmyone can have. I also like the multiplaction marathon. It is fun the halloween parade.

16. zach b says:

hi mrs.Spata
    I love the smart board I wish I can have one at home. Anthor thing is math how we get to play fun math games. Another thing is the halloween party.And how in s.s we are working on Native Americans . I am loving 4 grade so far.

17. Aiman says:

My favorite part of fourth grade so far is Science Day.I enjoyed all the fun activites we did like the edible plant,disecting the flower and the flower we made in our class.It was hard but fun.I am also having a great time at math with the new staragies multiplication.I did not use to like math and multiplication.I am enjoying this year so much.Ihope we do more fun things this year.I am also making so many new friends and learning new things.I also want so many new things and events at Tackan.I hope the next Science Dy will be so fun like the last one.I also want to do more fun things.

18. beck says:

My favoroite things that we do is reading books because reading takes you places. I love math because i love doing multipcation it is so easy for me. You RockMrs.spata!!!!!!!

19. Jacklyn says:

Dear Mrs Spata,
    The best part about fouth grade so far was the Halloween parade. I liked that Noah was there at the parade. Another thing that makes fouth grade so fun is you Mrs. Spata. You help us learn a lot of important things and a lot of fun projects. Your really different from other teachers and thats what makes you such a fun teacher.

20. kyle says:

So far my favorit part of the year was science day.One thing is all of the fun projecs like dispting a flower.Two is all the rotatoing through the classes.Three is we get to know wher all of our friends sit. P.S. you are the best techer

21. Matthew S. says:

my favorite part of 4th grade so far has to be sience day. We dicected a plant and found the sepal, petals, stamen, pollen, and the pistil. Then we made a plant out of tissue paper, a pipe cleaner, and qutipes. then a edible plant.

Bye (‘~’)

22. Taylor says:

I am not shore what I like most about fourth grade so I am just going to tell you two of them. One of them is the new projects we do. Like the native American report and the genress we did. The second thing that I love in forth grade is YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! My teacher Mrs.Spata because you make fourth grade sooooooooo much easer. You also teach me and help me with every thing I need to learn and understand. You are also soooooooooo nice to me and every one in the class. You also teach me all the subjects I need to know for the ELA and math. You are so helpful and soooooooooooo nice that I had to say this so many times. That is not even half of the things I like about fourth grade. You are my favorite teacher in the hole school!!!!!! I love fourth grade because of you.

23. Anthony b says:

What I like beter then 3rd gread is the NATeOFAMAKEN projet. In 4th grade we do alot harder test.

24. samantha says:

My favorite thing about fourth grade is YOU!!!You are my favorite thing because you are soooo nice, not crul,and help me so much with the subjects I have tropple with.You alos make fourth grade soooooo easy. There is other stuff I would like to tell you.The first thing is Math!! I like math because I LOVE to learn

25. nick your student says:

my favorite thing this year in fourth grade was when the dirt monster came in. i liked all the experiments. i felt bad for the kid who thought he was moving the bobber. i would have been imbarissed if i was that kid. i am going to try the star trek gun.

bye

nick

26. avi1 says:

Ms. Spata,
    My favorite thing about fourth grade is the fact that my daughter is learning computer skills and having fun. Thanks for all your hard work and for letting the parents in.
    Ms. Avione

27. sspata says:

That was so great that you responded to our question!!! It’s my pleasure!!!

28. anjali says:

hello mrs. spata’s class.

29. anjali says:

Dear Emma,
    You had a wonderful idea about using a mirror to reflect the sides and make it into a closed shape polygon. GREAT JOB!!!!!

By Anjali

30. anjali says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,
    How is Noah doing? Did he do anything interesting or funny? Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful vacation

31. anjali says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNUKAH AND KWANZA. This comment is for Mrs. Spata’s class.
    :):):):):):):):):)

By anjali

32. anjali says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    I hope you and your family had a great time over vacation.I hope you liked the estee lauder perfume and lotion. Thanks for being a great teacher.

by anjali

33. sspata says:

Anjali,
    I have a wonderful vacation filled with fun times with Noah!! Thank you so much for asking. How was your vacation? Did you relax and read a good book?
    I loved the perfum and lotion. It smells so great!!!
    :o) Mrs. Spata

34. anjali&nikki says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    You rock!!:):):):)

35. anjali says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    I am so happy that the ela state tests are over!
    I wonder what score I got. When are we getting our next report cards. I can’t wait!:):):):):)

36. anjali says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    My family and I are having a little trouble with finding the area for irregular shapes. If you can go over it in class, I would really appreciate it. Have a great day Mrs.Spata. :):):):):)

37. anjali says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    I was wondering if I could read a little kid book just for fun and then take a quiz on it once in a while?
    I can’t wait until our first feild trip. I hope we go somewhere fun!

38. sspata says:

You all worked very hard studying for your ELAs. You deserve a break! Great effort!!!

The next report card is in March.

You don’t have to know how to find the area for an irregular shape in 4th grade unless it is on a grid paper. Then all you have to do is count the boxes. Don’t worry about the other ways right now. 🙂

Yes, every now and then it is ok to do a book that is easy for you to read. Just don’t make it an often occurence.

Hope that answers all of your questions Anjali.

39. anjali says:

I LOVE THIS BLOG!