Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

All About Me

Hi! My name is Serena Spata (a.k.a. Ms. Serena Coco).                   

This will be my 16th year teaching in Smithtown.

I am really looking forward to another wonderful and exciting year here at Tackan!

You will watch as your child develops over the next year! The transformation from unsure 4th grader to confident 5th grader, ready to take on anything… is an amazing and awesome thing to see! It is one of the major reasons that I love teaching.

I look forward to establishing and keeping open lines of communication between home and school. It is so important that you and I keep in touch often. Without this connection, your child will not reach their full potential.

Please do not ever hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns that you may have.

I can be easily reached through my school email which I check often throughout the school day (sspata@smithtown.k12.ny.us). You can also post a comment on this blog. Or of course… you can write me a note too.  🙂

I look forward to a wonderful year together! :o)

Here are some pictures of my family!!

My Family 

20150217_154018

20150618_200138

20150723_142741

20150723_143410

20150725_142007

20150725_144236

Older pictures 🙂 

125 Responses to “All About Me”

1. julissa says:

Thanks Mrs.Spata you are the best teacher

2. sspata says:

Thank you Julissa!! :0)

3. julissa says:

Mrs.Spata I left my book and project in Maryland what should I do

4. Aaron says:

Mrs Spata you are very nice teacher and I am positive this will be a great year because my sister Sarina told me all about you and the fun things you do.

5. sspata says:

Hi Arron! It is lucky that you have a sister who can give you a bunch of information about what to expect in my class! I will try to still surprize you with some things that even she doesn’t know about! 🙂

6. sspata says:

I just saw this today Julissa. I am sorry! It has been a very busy week!! Your teacher will understand. Just talk with them. 🙂

7. Saher says:

Mrs. Spata, I will not be here on 11/14/12(Thursday) because I have a religious thing to do. Also, for the math homework on 11/13/13(Wednesday), u did not tell us the question for it, so is it okay I did the whole lesson? Let me know. See ya on Friday 😀

8. sspata says:

Hi Saher! The whole lesson is great if you understand it. Otherwise just do the first few. If you have the time, look at todays class notes (lesson 8). I will show it to you tomorrow, but it will be good to look at it ahead of time. 🙂

9. Arianna says:

hi Mrs.Spata I just wanted to tell you that I’m having a great year and that i miss having you as a teacher. thanks for being such a good teacher last year! 🙂

10. sspata says:

Hi Arianna!!!! It is so good to hear from you!! I am so very happy to hear that you are having a great year!! I have great memories of our year together that I will never forget! It was a pleasure teaching you last year! 🙂

11. Joseph Z says:

Hi Mrs. Spata. You might not remember me butt I was in your class 2 years ago. you were a great teacher and your blog has really helped my study

12. sspata says:

Hi Joe!! Of course I remember you!!! I am so happy that you found my blog helpful! How is Middle School going so far? Lots of classes to study for now right? :0)

13. Megan says:

Hi Mrs.Spata! I just wanted to say that I had a great first day and second day at school with you and Mrs. Gergenti. I hope that it stays that way I’ll see you tomorrow!

14. Megan says:

hi again

15. sspata says:

Hi Megan! I am super excited that you had a great first few days!! It will be an awesome year!!! See you tomorrow!

16. natalie b says:

hi! i don’t have a trending book yet, should i still do the book log on what i am reading now?

17. sspata says:

Yes Natalie. But lets pick a Trending book monday morning.

18. natalie b says:

hi Mrs. Spata! I was looking online for typing games and I couldn’t find the right one. can you please try to send me the name of the website that we were on at the computer lab? thank you! I hope you have a wonderful winter break!

19. sspata says:

Hi Natalie!! I am not sure that you can access it from home. It is new this year and I unfortunately don’t have the information that you need. I do have a few fun games on the right side of my blog in the “just for fun” section that will help you type more accurately.

20. natalie b says:

thank you!!:-)

21. Joe Z says:

Hey Mrs. Spata I don’t know if you remember me but I had you 3 years ago. Maybe. You were one of my favorite teachers how is everything going.

22. sspata says:

Hi Joe!!!! I totally remember you!!! I am so glad that you reached out to me! How are you doing? How is Middle School going? 🙂

23. Heng Y. says:

Hi Mrs Spata,
    Some of the links like Walk The Plank in social studies don’t work.

Thanks for inspiring me to make websites ( register on http://javamath.forumotion.com

}

24. sspata says:

Thank you for letting me know Heng! Every year some of my links expire. It is hard to keep up sometimes. 🙂