Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Week in Review

on September 11, 2009

Idiom of the Week: Keep it under your hat. 

(meaning to keep somthing a secret)

Vocabulary of the week: Responsibility

By Sydney and Lexi

Wednesday September 9 ,2009

Today was our 1st day of school.  We meet our class and teacher Mrs.Spata.  We went to library and met our new library teacher Mrs. Denby.  Also we had our 1st Multiplication Marathon!  Mrs. Spata also introduced us to   THE SPATA  BANK OF TACKAN.  She also introduced us to THE SPATA STORE.  We had a GREAT first  day!

Thursday  September 10, 2009

Today we had our first fire drill, art class, and we learned our first  Idiom. Find out what it is at the top.  We also learned our responsibilities and our new jobs.  Some things we also did were write poems, play Jeopardy and make self esteem stars

Friday September 11, 2009

Today we did our first math lesson.  The math lesson was on place value.  Also we went to the computer lab for the first time. We typed our cinquain poems.   Also we did social studies. We had our first P.E. class too. We played Prison Ball.  

That Was Our First, Fabulous, Week!!! 

3 Responses to “Week in Review”

1. sspata says:

Hi Sydney and Lexi!

Ladies, you did a wonderful job as our first “news anchors”! Now your families can have an idea of some of the things we do each day in class together.

See you on Monday.
    : O) Mrs. Spata

2. Stacey T says:

Mrs. Spata,
    The girls did a great job reporting on your classroom activities. It has been nice to have an idea of what goes on during the day. Since Lexi was one the ones reporting, she couldn’t tell me “nothing” when I asked her what she did today.

Thanks!

Stacey T

3. sspata says:

Mrs. T,

Thank you so much for the comment. I am very glad that you have had the opportunity to check out the blog. I love to give the kids as much ownership as I can.

See you later today.
    : O) Mrs. Spata