Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Note to Parents

on December 12, 2012

I just wanted to write a quick note to all of you to let you know that it was a true pleasure to sit and speak with each of you over the past few days!!

I can see that we are on the same page with wanting to help your child perform to their best abilities and to truly show what they are capable of when writing and taking tests. This has been a big transition into fourth grade and the increased expectations set forth by the state! They are doing a super job!

I am excited to see the growth of your children over the next few months!

A few things that we spoke about…

Please use Pearsonsuccessnet.com and xtramath.org often at home to help your child continue to build their mathematics skills. (If you need your passwords again just let me know.)

Please remind your child that from this point on all writing should be reread with an eye toward “powerful details”, as well as interesting introductions and creative conclusions, before handing anything in.

Please use the study guides that are sent home (and posted on the study guide page of this blog) to review concepts taught in class often throughout our units of study. This will make a HUGE difference in their understanding and long-term memorization of the material. Have them teach you what we are learning in class! 🙂

Finally, please be sure that your child is reading at home as well as at school. There are countless studies that prove the more a child reads the better they perform in school! They are responsible to complete at least one chapter book per month while in fourth grade.

Thank you so much!!

:O) Serena Spata