Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

First week in reveiw

on September 7, 2012

It was so great to meet all of you last night!! This is going to be such a wonderful year for your children. They will be challenged but fully supported both by you at home and by me in school. I look forward to how much they will grow as learners this year!

Our first week of fourth grade went very well. We are working on finding our balance between socialization and hard work. Next week I would like to hear less talking and see straighter lines in the hallways! 🙂

Today I sent home the date for the week that your child is scheduled to be our “Melting Pot” star!

I will send out monthly reminders to help you to be prepared for your presentation. However, I wanted to give the project out now so that you can work on it at your convenience. Remember that you and your family can choose to share the information in any mannor that you would like. (Posters, pictures, story, PowerPoint show, artifacts, etc) You may also choose to share everything at once or to break it up into two days. Sometimes splitting mom and dad’s sides work well too.

Have a wonderful weekend!!! I’ll see you all on Monday!!

:O) Mrs. Spata

3 Responses to “First week in reveiw”

1. Nick says:

Hi Mrs. Spata,

I had a great first week of fourth grade. I’m really enjoying our classroom especially the compliments and strikes. It is really neat! I am so happy that you are a Yankee fan! Who is your favorite Yankee? My favorite player is Derek Jeter. I wanted you to know that I donated 3,950 grains of rice in the rice game. See you on Monday.

Nick

2. sspata says:

Hi Nick!
    I am so happy to hear that you enjoying fourth grade so far! My favorite all time Yankee actually is retired and coaches now. His name is Don Mattingly. I like Jeter too. That is a lot of rice!!! You made a difference in someone’s life! Awesome!
    See you on Monday. :0) Mrs Spata

Ps Don’t use your last name on the blog. Remind me to speak to the class about this on Monday. Thanks!

3. Nick says:

Hi Mrs. Spata,

Don Mattingly is a great one! I will remind you on Monday about not useing last names on the blog. See you then!

From, Nick