Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Native American Day

on October 19, 2010

Fourth Grade culminates our month long Native American unit with a Native American Day. This year it will take place on Tuesday, November 23rd.

All students are invited to dress the part of a Native American if they would like. We will rotate through several fun and educational stations to participate in true Native American activities. Our day will culminate with a Pow Wow where we will share legends that we wrote on bear skin.

Each class  needs 5 parent volunteers to help support these activities. You will rotate with your children through the stations and lend a helping hand in each one.

If you are interested and available from 9:30-12:15 on Tuesdsay, November 23rd. Please contact me as soon as possible. I will fill the slots on a first come first serve basis. You can respond to this post, email me, or write me a note.

I look forward to hearing from you.

:O) Mrs. Spata

6 Responses to “Native American Day”

1. Kathy Kelly says:

I would like to Participate in the Native American Day if possible.THANK YOU!!!!!

2. sspata says:

Thanks Mrs. Kelly! You are signed up! I will see you on November 23rd!! :O)

3. Joanne Connelly says:

Hello Mrs. Spata,
    I would like to help out with Native American day also if that is possible. Let me know if there is still room for me.
    Thank you,
    Joanne Connelly

4. sspata says:

Thank you Mrs. Connelly! You are signed up to help on November 23rd!!! :O)

5. sspata says:

I also have my two class mothers who have told me that they would like to participate.

I have one opening left for anyone interested and available!! :O)

6. Shannon Kelly says:

I can’t wait for native American Day it seems really fun!CAN”T WAIT!!!!!!!!!