Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Alumni Page

After speaking with a former student…

I realized how great it would be to have a page for past students to write to me and to each other. BE RESPONSIBLE with what you are posting!! This is not your chance to text each other…this is a place to write each other in complete sentences. I am up to over 80 countries reading this blog! Use this chance to show off!

:O) Mrs. Spata (a.k.a. Miss Coco)

Ā 

77 Responses to “Alumni Page”

1. sspata says:

Thank you Arianna! It was photocopied incorrectly and I didn’t notice that. šŸ™‚

2. rj says:

Hi world my name is RJ. My favorite sport is Football. Also favorite foods: Meatball ,pasta ,Hot pretzels and chocolate dounuts.My favorite things: minecraft. Iā€™m 9 years old. This is me.

3. Nikki says:

Last night I saw this kid who had a mask on that had a big brown beard, a huge polka dotted nose, and a matching creepy face. I saw it first when he came to my door, then when I was trick,or,treating I came to his house and was frightened. #jumped out of my skin

4. Ally T says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,

Its so weird not being in Tackan anymore! I miss being in Tackan with one teacher. Great Hollow is great but Tackan will always be the best school. I feel like it was yesterday I was walking to your class on the last day of third grade being so happy to have you as a teacher! I hope to visit you later on this year!

Love,
    Ally T

5. sspata says:

Ally!!! It is so great to hear from you!! I agree that it feels like yesterday! You are always welcome to come back! :o)

6. jeffrey says:

Mrs.Spata number 4 for math is 5 times 2000.Do we make 2000 dots 5 times in our place value chart?

7. sspata says:

Jeffrey…what you need to remember is to rename the 2,000 into its “unit form” of 2 thousands. Then you will remember that you only need to place 2 dots into the thousand place value of your chart. šŸ™‚

8. Saher says:

Hi Mrs. Spata. How’s your weekend? Mrs. spata, on the parent packet for module 3 lesson1-6, there is a practice quiz. I tried the questions but, when I saw the answer key for number one, I was confused. You wrote that the length and width are 1 and two. I don’t get that…how do u have the answers to the length and width when that is what you are solving for? Try talking to me on Tuesday, or write to me because that was confusing.

9. sspata says:

I am thankful that you are studying and asking for help when you need it! Let’s chat on Tuesday! šŸ™‚

10. Kayla F says:

Hi Mrs.Spata,
    I cant believe how long it has been since I last saw you. I moved to NC after 5th grade. I miss all my friends from Tackan. But most of all Tackan. How is everything there? Did anything change?

11. sspata says:

Hi Kayla!! I didn’t know that you moved! How is everything at your new school? Tackan is the great! Everything is basically the same. A few teachers have moved around to different grade-levels but we are all still here. :0) It is so wonderful to hear from you!!

12. Kayla F says:

Hi Mrs.Spata, Every thing is good at my new school. We dont take state tests I found out we take EOGs (end of grade tests) we take them a week before school ends. We get out of school June 13 th. Right noe we are on spring break. When do you guys get out of school.
    Miss you guys,
    Kayla F

13. sspata says:

Wow! No state tests is great! You get out much earlier than we do. Our last day is June 26th this year. We have our big Math State Test this week! It is so wonderful to hear from you! Take care!! :0)

14. Caity says:

Hi Mrs. Spata ! 5th grade is starting soon im nervous but im excited at the same time. Thank u for doing all the fun stuff we did in 4th grade. And how are u doing?

15. sspata says:

Hi Caity!! You are going to love 5th grade!!! Stop by and say hi after your first day. I am very glad that you enjoyed last year!! I am having a great summer!! How about you?

16. Julissa says:

Hi Mrs.Spata it is julissa I just wanted to say hi

17. Nick says:

Hi Mrs. Spata,

It is Nick from your fourth grade class two years ago. I am now in Great Hollow Middle school. I really like it! My teachers are nice but not as nice as you! How is this year going so far? What grade are you teaching? I hope to see you soon!

Love,
    Nick

18. sspata says:

Hi Nick!! It is so nice to hear from you!! I am so excited to hear that you are enjoying Middle School! It is a lot of fun to have the independence of walking from class to class. This year has been wonderful so far! I am still in fourth grade although I moved the classroom around a bit. The carpet area is now back by the emergency exit window. I think it makes the room look bigger. Talk with you soon! :0)

19. sspata says:

Hi Julissa! It is so nice to hear from you! How are you doing?

20. Sarah G says:

Hi mrs Spata I can’t wait to do other activities in school. So far you should be nominated for the best teacher for 2014. I bet you would win. I would also vote for you 2,000 times. Fourth grade would be nothing without you. You make EVERYTHING easier with everything you teach me and your strategies. I am your biggest fan.

Love,
    Sarah G
    P.s. You are so smart!

21. sspata says:

Thank you so much Sarah!! That was very sweet!!!

22. joe a says:

mrs spata do I have to do the math homework because I was not there for the whole lesson??????

23. sspata says:

Try your best. šŸ™‚

24. Saher Saquib says:

Hi Mrs.Spata, this is Saher Saquib from 2013, I am in Great Hollow now as a 7th grader. Time went by so fast! I miss Tackan and my old teachers, including you. How have you been? Has anything changed in Tackan?

25. sspata says:

Wow Saher!!! It is so wonderful to hear from you!!! I can’t believe that you are in 7th grade already! It sure did go very fast!! Things here at Tackan are mostly the same. My own children are growing up very quickly! They are in kindergarden and third grade already! šŸ™‚

26. natalie b says:

Hi Mrs. Spata! The mannequin challenges are super funny! There is on of the whole fifth grade doing it on the Tackan Twitter so you should see it if you haven’t!

27. sspata says:

I saw the fifth grade mannequin challenge! It was a lot of fun to see you all in it!!! šŸ™‚