Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

All About Me

Hi! My name is Serena Spata (a.k.a. Ms. Serena Coco).                   

This will be my 16th year teaching in Smithtown.

I am really looking forward to another wonderful and exciting year here at Tackan!

You will watch as your child develops over the next year! The transformation from unsure 4th grader to confident 5th grader, ready to take on anything… is an amazing and awesome thing to see! It is one of the major reasons that I love teaching.

I look forward to establishing and keeping open lines of communication between home and school. It is so important that you and I keep in touch often. Without this connection, your child will not reach their full potential.

Please do not ever hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns that you may have.

I can be easily reached through my school email which I check often throughout the school day (sspata@smithtown.k12.ny.us). You can also post a comment on this blog. Or of course… you can write me a note too.  🙂

I look forward to a wonderful year together! :o)

Here are some pictures of my family!!

My Family 

20150217_154018

20150618_200138

20150723_142741

20150723_143410

20150725_142007

20150725_144236

Older pictures 🙂 

125 Responses to “All About Me”

1. MrsKalic says:

Hi Mrs Sparta’
    I’m a teacher from Sydney Australia. I’ve just begun the process of setting up an edublog and came across yoour fantastic example. I really like your agenda (google calender). I’m trying to do the same on my edublog but without success. How do you get the google calender image to appear as soon as you open up the agenda page? I’ve been able to get the link address to appear but have had no luck in getting the image onto the page without having to click on the link.

Please help and save me my sanity.

Thanks for providing such a great example for me to get ideas from.

F. Kalic

2. MrsKalic says:

Hello again!!

After hours and hours fiddling with google calender and the edublog features, I have managed to figure out my problem.

I really would like to congratulate you and your class on a wonderful edublog. I find that I keep refering back to your page to get ideas.

Thanks again

3. MrsKalic says:

Hi Mrs. Spata and the Fourth grade (apologies for spelling your name wrong on my last post)

We are currently on holidays and I have spent most of my time investigating and writing up my own edublog. I’m not very technically minded so it takes me a while to figure things out. I’m sure some your students would put me to shame! As soon as my blog is looking good I will provide you with the URL. As of yet I have not mentioned anything about edublogs to my class but I’m sure they would love to communicate with your class. I teach a composite class of year 5 and year 6 students.

Once again I would like to congratulate you and your class.

4. philiprip says:

I love the way you have so much online interaction with the kids in your class. They obviously love coming to school, which is great.
    Nice pics too…

5. sara says:

Hi The Last pic he IS growing teeth Yahoo
    Sara

6. Sydney says:

OMG!! He is so cute! I love the Christmas one.

7. Ingrid says:

:0 Cute! :0

8. Thomas says:

I liked the beach one

9. Ingrid says:

I’m going to make a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ingrid says:

😀

11. Ingrid says:

:O 😀 :O 😀 🙂

12. anjali says:

Dear Mrs.Spata,
    Hi. This is Anjali from your class last year. I love your blog! I hope you have a great year.

13. Ingrid says:

The Edublogs website didn’t send me my password for the blog, so I can’t make one.Kinda stinks!

14. sydney says:

You added some new ones? 🙂

15. Sarina says:

Hi Mrs. Spata!
    Your blog looks amazing! I miss you so much. I hope your having fun with your 2009-2010 class. I will miss you and NEVER forget what a great teacher you are!!! ♥♥♥ (P.S. I just figured out how to make hearts!!!!♥♥♥

16. sspata says:

It is so great to hear from you Sarina!!! Thanks for the compliment!! I had so much fun teaching you for two years! I feel like I know you very well.

I hope that you will keep in touch always!!! I look forward to seeing you grow up into a fantastic young adult.

: O) Mrs. Spata

PS Very cool hearts! I don’t even know how to do that. 🙂

17. Lauren says:

HE is soooooooooooooooooo adorable I love the christmas pic

18. Lauren says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:0)

19. Madie says:

Hi Mrs Spata!!!Madie is blogging and just got 3 flings on Fling the Teacher!!!I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!!GOBBLE!!!GOBBLE!!!!I love the family picture!!!SO SWEET!!!!!

20. sara says:

Hi Mrs. Spata !!!!!!!!!!!! You’r blog looks fantasic. In fifth grade we had our party for the D.B.Q. Once in a while I would look on the blog. I really don’t want to leave this school because all my memories are here and stored, but all my favorite teachers are here like you. Next year I”ll come and vist you the #1 teacher in the world. Taylor and I miss you very much. P.S I like the voki.
    Sara=]

21. sspata says:

Hi Sara!!!!
    I am so excited to hear that you still check out the blog sometimes!! I am very happy to hear that 5th grade is going well for you. I would love to have you visit me next year!!! Tell Taylor I say hello too.
    Have a super holiday!!!
    : O) Mrs. Spata

22. Ingrid says:

♥♥♥hi Mrs Spata!
    Um… my mom said that she wanted to get the bag of mini marshmallows for the ice cream party on Monday. If it’s already taken… let me know what to get please if one more wasn’t taken! thank you!
    ♥♥♥,
    Ingrid
    Merry Christmas!

23. Ingrid says:

Oh cool! I just did some random stuf and got hearts too!♥♥♥! Cool!

24. sspata says:

Ingrid,
    We have the marshmallows, but if you could bring in Oreos that would be great!!

25. Hi Mrs Spata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you have the best Christmas ever!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope Noah gets all the presents he wants this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. sspata says:

Hi Madie,
    Thank so much! I hope your is awesome too!!
    : O) Mrs. Spata

27. piesoffury says:

I found out how to change my avatar without becoming a supporter! I changed mine to the star of the popular online show Fred. I hope it works!

28. piesoffury says:

Nice pics!

29. sara says:

Hey Mis. Spata I just wanteed to tell you is there sonw on the website? If there thata is so awesome!!!!!!
    Sara

30. sspata says:

Hi Sarah
    I did put snow on the blog! I think it’s cool too!
    Thanks for visiting.;)

31. piesoffury says:

Mrs Spata? You put the link for ‘Fun With Food Webs’ twice.

32. sspata says:

Ok. Thanks Ingrid.

33. Sarina says:

Hi Mrs. Spata!
    I miss you soo much and our old 4th grade class. 5th grade is so much fun and can you believe school’s almost over?! I cant wait until the summer and then its off the middle school! How’s Noah? Ill see you soon!!!!!

Sarina <3

34. Laura says:

Mrs. Spata! You have the coolest blog ever! I am in instructional technology and I was just looking around this morning when I stumbled upon it. Your students are so lucky. The coolest thing…I’m a Smithtown resident so imagine my surprise when I saw where you were blogging from!

35. Alyssa says:

Mrs. Spata I have a question since I am away I am not sure if you told the class this but did our blogging buddies respond yet or no? I was just wondering oh and my whole family says hi. I will see you on Monday talk to you then.

36. sspata says:

Hi Alyssa,
    I didn’t even know that you were going away. 🙂
    I spoke with Mr. Sillam and they are waiting for all their parents to give permission for them to use the blog. They are not used to it like we are. Hopefully we will hear from them very soon.
    :O) Mrs. Spata

37. taylor says:

hey i know that i had u last year as a teacher but it doesn’t mean that i can’t look at your blog right??? it is way coller then last year though. and i cant belive i am graduating this year!!!

38. sspata says:

Hi Taylor!! You can visit any time!! 🙂

Where are your capitals??

:O) Mrs. Spata

39. Anjali says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,
    Hi! It is Anjali! I love your blog. I miss being in your class. How is Noah? I am learning a lot in fifth grade. We get soooo many more privileges. This Friday we are going to Bronx Zoo for our fifth grade trip. At first every one was disappointed but, now I think they are really excited. I hope I can see you again.

40. Anjali says:

Hi Mrs. Spata!! How are you? I love the pictures. Let me know how Poetry Night and Hero Day go. I have you have a fantastic year and summer!!!!! 🙂

41. Anjali says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,
    Do your students have their own blog like last year? If so, the earth hour video is blocking it.

Your used to be in fourth grade student,
    Anjali 🙂 🙂 🙂

42. SilverStream says:

Hello Mrs.Spata!!!! I can’t belive I’m going to fifth grade already!!!!!! 😀 It’s too bad that I was separated form all my friends!!!!! But I’ll make new ones!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

43. Sarina says:

Hi Mrs.Spata!!!

I miss you so much. I really want to come back to Tackan and be in your class!!!!!!!
    I cant believe that I am actually in Middle School.
    How was your first day with all of your new fourth grade students???
    Mine was great and I get to all my classes on time with everything I need.
    Bye!!!

P.S. I really miss you!!!

44. sspata says:

Hi Sarina!! I am so excited to hear from you!!

How is Middle School? What’s the best part? I know you are going to do wonderfully!! Talk to you soon.

:O) Mrs. Spata

45. LeeAnn S says:

Hi,
    It was wonderful to meet you on Back to School Night. I hope you have a great school year.
    Michael and I are very pleased you are his teacher this year.
    Sincerely,
    LeeAnn S
    p.s. your son is adorable!!!!

46. Thomas (5th Grader) says:

Dear Mrs Spata,
    5th grade is great! Mrs. Walker is really nice. There is a lot of work, plus it is harder to get up earlier, and in the early morning I am tired. I hope you have another great year with your new 4th Graders.
    From,
    Your previously taught 5th grader,
    Thomas

47. sspata says:

Thomas,
    It is so good to hear from you!! I am glad that you are enjoying 5th grade!! See you in the hallway!
    :O) Mrs. Spata

48. Josh says:

Noah is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Lauren says:

Dear Mrs. Spata,

5th grade is at lot of work. Mrs. Ierano is a great teacher. 4th grade was my favorite year at tackan because I had you as a teacher. I’m sad because this is my last year at tackan :(. Hope to hear from you soon.
    From,
    Lauren

50. Sara says:

hey! Its Sara… Wow, it has been a long time seeing this blog before… I miss tackan but like middle school cuz you get more freedom…Anyway i just want to tell you that you are still one of my favorite teacher :)Happy holidays and enjoy the winter break and a safe one 2… Miss 4 th grade

P.S Hope Noah is doing fine
    From
    Sara