Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

PARP homework clarification

on January 20, 2015

I spoke with my students today but wanted to be sure that the message was relayed correctly to you at home.

I have combined the PARP activities with our normal routine of homework for the next two weeks. 

**Our weekly reading log has been put on hold to use the PARP reading log sent home today. Students should still be reading at least 80 minutes at home this week. It can be a combination of their Trending Book and Non-Fiction articles. Parents are asked to read WITH their children 4 out of 7 of the nights. You may chose if you wish to read their normal Trending book, or if you would prefer you may read something else together. The important part is that you are reading and enjoying the time TOGETHER. 🙂

**One time each week you are asked to complete a “PARP Reading Activity” that was stapled to your PARP contract.  It is two pages long. This must be completed on a Non-Fiction article. This is the only mandatory Non-Fiction reading that I have assigned. It should be handed in on Monday with the article attached to it for me to reference.

I hope to see you all tonight at 5:30PM. 

:o) Mrs. Spata