Mrs. Spata’s Fourth Grade Blog

A window into our classroom!

Secret Spy Code

on May 16, 2014

You  need to use George Washington and the Culper Spy Ring’s secret code to read my message!

cj sqw gep lieh vbcu 356, sqw nwuv fi e revlcqv. c bqri vbev sqw ipdqsih vbi vlcr vq eu nwgb eu c hch! ybev e riljigv hes cv vwlpih cpvq 444.

:0)

Let me know if you can decode my secret message!!

6 Responses to “Secret Spy Code”

1. Courtney says:

Hi Mrs. Spata!
    I wish I could decode this message. I remember last year I did! How do you do it? Hope your class had fun at the Abraham Woodhull Trip, They most likely would, yet the walking was a big part of it! Did they get to see his grave? That part was awesome! See you soon! 🙂
    Courtney
    Xoxo

2. sspata says:

Hi Courtney!!
    Yes, we did see the grave again this year! It was very cool!
    Here is the code:
    Start the alphabet at e…meaning A=e, B=f, C=g…

3. Saher Saquib says:

I did decode your message, but some of the words I couldn’t make out. I think you made some mistakes. I had trouble decoding mostly in the second sentence only. The words I had trouble with were rilbigv, hes, cpvk and 444. Let me know for the message. It’s ok if you made mistakes,you are still a great teacher! 🙂 <3

4. sspata says:

Hi Saher! Yes I did make two letter mistakes…

RILJIGV
    CPVK
    HES…is correct

:O) Thanks

5. Rida says:

Hi Mrs.Spata! this is me Rida your student from last year. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. Hope you have a nice vacation!

Rida A

6. sspata says:

Hi Rida!!! It is so very nice to hear from you!! Thank you for thinking of me and saying hi! Merry Christmas to you also! It has been a wonderful vacation! I hope that you enjoyed yours as well! See you in school tomorrow! 😉